Sunday, April 18, 2010

For starters we have...

Everyone has a passion…for some it’s shopping, exercising, photography or various other activities. My name is Lauren and my passion is food and wine.

You could say I was destined to be in love with all things culinary and vino related since I grew up with parents who introduced me to new and exciting flavors from the time I was little. My I’ll try anything once attitude allowed me to experience some amazing food and I caught the foodie bug at a very young age.

Traveling around the U.S. and part of Europe has only heightened my obsession and exposed me to new cultures and dining experiences. While in Europe I insisted on eating the regional cuisine of each country and sipping their specialty wine. In Nice and Cannes that meant enjoying my first aperitif…I learned my lesson very quickly that you must add water in order to enjoy the strong black licorice taste. In Tuscany I fell in love with their simple and amazing bruschetta on thick crusty bread, linguini with chopped red tomatoes, shaved parmesan and crushed red pepper. All of this accompanied by a regional Chianti with the Rooster on the label of course. I could go on and on about various amazing meals I’ve had over the years, but I’ll save that for other entries.

When I moved to New York City in November, my Dad bought me a 2010 Zagat Guide. I immediately pledged to eat at every restaurant in the city in a year. I obviously was a little ahead of myself and it’s pretty much impossible to accomplish that goal without skipping out on work to try a new restaurant, gaining at least 10 pounds and letting my food journey consume all of my free time. Did I mention that I’m overworked and underpaid which doesn’t leave me with too much money in my wallet. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE food and wine, but I do have other interests.

I don’t claim to be an expert, but I am extremely passionate. Every meal that I eat is not gourmet, but I try to be open minded in every situation. I’m a single girl in New York City who’s open to new experiences, new people and most importantly new restaurants and recipes. Follow me as I tell you what’s On Tap.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! and can't wait to read more. OX You're living your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! You know who to call when you need a friend to explore new restaurants with... or hit up the classic Essa :) xo

    ReplyDelete