Friday, July 9, 2010

Heat Wave

I always thought Florida was miserably hot and that it couldn't possibly be worse anywhere else... I was wrong. The heat wave that hit the Northeast this past week made my small NYC apartment feel like a sauna which is not conducive to a good night's sleep. So here I am- running on far too little sleep and sitting on a bus for the next 4+ hours and realizing I once again have failed at my goal of posting a blog once a week.

Reading an old issue of Bon Appetit inspired me to highlight some of my favorite hot weather favorites, so here goes nothing :-)

Drinks:
Although my answer should be water, anyone who knows me well is well versed in
my affinity toward bubbles! Cava, Prosecco, Champagne... A warm summer day is not
complete without an ice cold glass of bubbles.

Other favorites that are close seconds- dry Reisling, cava Sangria, margaritas (always without salt) muddled lemonade on the rooftop of The Surrey and Jessica Slevin will
kill me if I don't say Coors Light.

Food:
Ceviche and lobster/ lobster rolls are definitely top contenders. I've had amazing ceviche in a lot of
restaurants, but the best ceviche I've ever experienced was made by my dad- one of the most gourmet people I know.

Another favorite would have to raw oysters and stone crabs.

One last thing makes my summer dining experience complete- water ice from the Margate Dairy Bar by my house in New Jersey. This is and always will be my favorite place to enjoy an ice cold dessert. From the time I was little this little ice cream stand sold me on their pretzel cones and I now return for the best water ice at the Jersey Shore.

I'm sure my list of summer favorites will continue to grow as the "heatpocolipse" continues. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. you're right - dad's ceviche is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you posted without me even scolding you! Love the summer lists, love the post, love YOU :)

    ReplyDelete